View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
letitend

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
One day in the midst of my anger I realized that every other person in my life said the exact & total opposite - WHY was I giving his narrow opinion SO much weight???? Talk about a real AHA moment - why was 100 other people literally telling me the opposite to my face (not passively, not via 2nd hand info) not enough?

Why was I accepting HIS false definition of me?
I can relate SO MUCH to this. My xA tried to make me think something was wrong with me. He projected such a negative image of myself onto me that i ATE and ATE and ATE. That was how I tried to find joy, was thru eating. I thought I was nothing, worthless.

Everyone else in my life (bosses/friends/family), literally EVERYONE has always said what a hard worker I am. Other words to describe me honest, compassionate, giving, lovable, funny, bright, smart, beautiful. Yet, this ONE person who I should mean the MOST to literally gaslighted and projected onto me until I had ENOUGH. All of us, are enough. We might not be compatible with someone, but nobody ever deserves to be treated with disrespect.