View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

Ta Dee. Sam- thanks for trusting this community (which your are a part of ) enough to share. Keep posting- it helps me.
B- not quite a 1/2 way house. Part of passing near the home the other day- not welcome there- my home for 15 years. Then out of hospital- nothing. All $ tied up in the home. No blankets, not a fork, no shampoo, nothing. So a lot of emotions- no anger, just great and deep sorrow for what once was. Where I am now is communal living (at this point). It is no booze, no drugs- act like big people. Counselling is mandatory (as if I needed prompting)- with subsidised rent so peoples like me- or those with no safe place to go- have somewhere. Apart from that people come and go as they please- out boozing, gambling, drugging if they so choose (to which of course there are consequences, go figure). After stuff becomes available- and one proves not just here to get cheap rent and abuse the system and actually GROW in recovery, one gets an everything independent unit. A big leap from building my own home, choosing the land and spending years working on the damned thing- concreting, wiring, garden etc. As you say B, oh well. Que sera.. It is a matter of(as Albert once told a young Bruce) 'What do we do when we fall down? We pick ourselves up and keep on going". Sucks, but better than being dead or homeless. Been there, done that.
Thoughts, prayers and support to my class. MINE, my/our class. This class is a gift. Not virtual friends, real ones. 1026 here, SMART later- then study and orn step work type stuff with the G/P Aus. I do about 5 hours recovery stuff every day. Crash course while I have been gifted with the chance to be that man I could have been (!...?). I know I am on the right course doing 'me' stuff- because I fight it, I grow painfully slowly and it regurgitates so many hellish memories.
PJ