Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Are there degrees of "securely abstinent"?

My own answer to the subject question of this post is, yes. And my reason for that is that people can be abstinent with various degrees of security, but only without having made a Big Plan ("I will never drink again.") So I agree with Algorithm and Tatsy that there are degrees of "securely abstinent".

But, once a person has made the Big Plan, there are no more "degrees" of abstinence security. How could there be? I can attest that more than three decades after having made a vow of permanent abstinence, I had serious Beast Activity regarding the end of taking a prescription for hydrocodone. It was just as easy then as it was long ago To Know That I Had Made The Big Plan. How can one possibly forget that they made the Big Plan with a mind altering substance "dangling" in front of their face?

The point I'm trying to make here is that practicing AVRT perfectly every minute of every day does not make sense without having made the Big Plan, because as soon as the awareness that The Big Plan exists for anyone to take, it is the AV of the Beast that is in constant control until the Big Plan IS taken.

So, when I provide information here on what it's like to be abstinent 12,000 + days down the road, I am simply adding to the record for people to take it for what it's worth to them - and their Beast.

If someone here has NOT made the Big Plan and hears me say I like that the extinction curve exists, that may prompt the type of thoughts that Tatsy is reporting and may be a factor towards someone drinking again. So, make the Big Plan.

But, I also think that reporting what it's like for this Phormer Drunk way down the road is useful information to get on the record. That's why I do it. So, I think the benefits outweight the costs.

And, of course, here we are turning it into an opportunity to practice more AVRT.

GT