Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Fusion

Originally Posted by Algorithm View Post
I agree in principle, GT, but one of the most vexing forms of the Addictive Voice is the idea that it is somehow good if we do not have the desire to drink, or the AV activity that accompanies that desire. The Beast cunningly boasts of its own silence, in order to conceal its immutable nature, and in order to conceal its imperative, buzz-seeking agenda.

You are obviously securely abstinent, but I believe we do those who are not a great disservice by not exposing this idea as the Addictive Voice itself. It implies fear of one's own bodily desires, and suggests that the Beast could come in from the parking lot after doing push-ups and get them if they don't stay vigilant or engage in defensive rituals.

Ordinarily, I might ask why it's good to have no desire to drink, or very little AV activity.
GerandTwine, I appreciate all your posts, but your previous one unsettled 'me' and excited my Beast. You are securely abstinent for what, is it decades.? This is an absolute credit to you. You clearly feel good that you have little AV - and why should you experience much AV, IT must've shrivelled somewhat, if not become non-existent.

But for us more recently abstinent via AVRT, the thought that there's little AV activity must be viewed as AV. Because if it were not viewed as such, the next ploy the AV would use, would be to say suchlike as 'we're OK to take a drink, we hardly have any AV activity; we don't fixate and obsess on drinking anymore, therefore we can be 'normal' and drink as normal drinkers do, occasionally etc., etc.,'

For this reason, I agree with the above quote from Algorithm.

This issue is very pertinent to me, because currently I have little AV activity, whilst I'm busy rebuilding my life. Yet, I cannot view 'not much AV' as a 'good' thing, because it would be at my peril.

Given my age, I may never reach the stage you're at (I didn't stop drinking as young as you) I may shrink and die, before my AV does. So I live with my AV and ignore it and don't view it as a good thing when it goes quiet. ITs always there, waiting to pounce.