View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jjnorris

He chose the drugs

So I did it, I stuck to my boundaries. I told him that he knew I did not want him trading alcohol for pot. I told him he needed to stop and to get into counseling, which he has consistently refused to do. If he could not do those things he would need to leave. He has chosen to leave.

I am now sitting at work in tears, falling to pieces. He said it was only a little pot, not a big deal. He does not think there is a problem with doing it occasionally and does not see why it worries me. He said he is an adult and does not need to ask my permission to do what he wants. He quit drinking for me and that should be enough.

I don't want him to go, I want him to get counseling to learn healthy coping skills so a little pot does not turn into more or back to drinking. I love my husband but it is killing me that he keeps choosing this junk over me and our life together. Maybe it was just a little and maybe he would never progress. But he hid it and lied about it and this is what is most concerning to me, which I did tell him. But he just keeps saying it is not the same as drinking and it is no big deal.

I am losing my husband of 20 years, the father of my daughter and the man I love. He made these decisions and I feel like the bad guy.