View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 12:29 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

13th- keep going, keep posting,..stuff happens.
My 3 things for today
- I went completely out of my comfort zone and made myself do an activity with people in recovery I usually avoid.
- Part of this was also involved on the way t(o the beach/reef/jetty for a day's snorkelling) took us close to my family home- which I am disowned from and most of my possessions abide. Last time I was there was Aug/'15
- While snorkelling (have not done this for about 25 years)- I carefully pushed myself as far as I knew I could to stretch and exercise my crispy bits.
- Changing into the wet suit needed me to ask for help, it was full sleeve/leg and I had a little bit too much warning pain to put it on alone. So my chest was revealed in all it's glory to the public voluntarily for the first time since crispy time because I needed help putting the damned thing on.
I did not feel too wanting to avoid some of the recovery people. I did get teary passing near my home, however got through the day without going to pieces. Although very self conscious about crispy chest- I did what I had to do to get on with the snorkelling. So another day of small steps. As to the snorkelling- there WERE fish. The shark plane/helicopter watch patrols were out but there were NO Whities. or blue ringed octopi.
So a 7/10.