View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 08:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jmv2003

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
Not at all.
1) he seems to be drinking a lot more than the medical professionals would consider safe. A lot of non alcoholics do that also. It is not so much about how much we drink as what happens when we drink that defines alcoholism.

2) I was very young when I got sober. I got emotions back, but I was all over the place for a while. I have been a member of aa for a long time, and have seen many families reunited, many hopeless alcoholics turn into loving husbands, many antisocial alcoholics rejoin the community, many miracles really.

I can't, answer your last question. The way I look at things for myself is that God is in charge of that sort of thing and I just do my best each day. What I know from experience is that when something doesn't work out the way I wanted it to, something infinitely better often happens. I am so glad I didn't get my own way in many things. My sights were set way to low, I would have got myself a really second rate deal in life.

Thank you so much! Congrats on remaining sober. I can only imagine how are it can be. I hope my husband makes the choice to get help before it does get worse. I will be here if he does and needs my support.