View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 08:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by Jmv2003 View Post
Thank you for your help! Do you mind if I ask another question or two?

1. Do you think the amount he drinks is serious? I would assume it is higher than what he admitted.
2. When you got sober, did you get your emotions back? Did you restore any relationships? Am I never getting my old husband back?
Not at all.
1) he seems to be drinking a lot more than the medical professionals would consider safe. A lot of non alcoholics do that also. It is not so much about how much we drink as what happens when we drink that defines alcoholism.

2) I was very young when I got sober. I got emotions back, but I was all over the place for a while. I have been a member of aa for a long time, and have seen many families reunited, many hopeless alcoholics turn into loving husbands, many antisocial alcoholics rejoin the community, many miracles really.

I can't, answer your last question. The way I look at things for myself is that God is in charge of that sort of thing and I just do my best each day. What I know from experience is that when something doesn't work out the way I wanted it to, something infinitely better often happens. I am so glad I didn't get my own way in many things. My sights were set way to low, I would have got myself a really second rate deal in life.