View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Avra

Unhappy

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Avra- a good, sound plan How to deal with the guts of festive things? Just remember (for me) no booze, if I feel stress- walk away. The dangerous one is letting my guard down 'oh well it is xmas- 1 drink will not hurt'. Dangerous last words. Plus of course the obvious one- car plus alcohol equals bad things. If I was to drink and I had a car as transport- what would I do to stay safe? PJ
I am a bit worried about Christmas eve/day. My Mother in law usually pushes the wine and in the past when I have quit she has always made it sound like its ruining the fun. She is a drinker - I would say a problem drinker in that its so important to her that everyone have a drink. I don't want it to be uncomfortable or hard, I just want to enjoy the day and enjoy my daughters joy in Christmas. Get back to the things that matter. I know when we go there they will drink and that's fine, but I really hope they don't make an issue out me and my husband not drinking.

The other events I am not as stressed about because I don't foresee anyone making a big deal over me not drinking.

Today was a bad day, and I am feeling less positive about sobriety today than I have yet so far. I got in a fight with my daughter and a lot of feelings are coming up for me that I think existed before but that I would just drink away. I really need to work on my relationship with my daughter, I feel I have been emotionally absent as I have been a drunk her whole life (she is seven).

anyway, I am ranting now. Thanks for listening.