View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 04:39 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
redatlanta

This:
He does not understand recovery nor does he want to. He thinks that I shouldn't need program but I've tried to explain to him that it will be a lifelong journey for me.

Then this:

You know, my bf loves to get into deep conversations about emotion and about my recovery, too. He just doesn't understand why I still need it, lol. But, he never makes fun of it or challenges me about it. It interests him in a way that I feel is quite supportive.

This:

I don't blame him for being shy to express himself.

Then this:

He can connect with me emotionally and has let me cry on his shoulder and he gives excellent hugs. He himself, has offered me a part of his heart that I'm sure no one has seen when he tells me about his feelings regarding certain things/people/circumstances/etc.

I realize you state that he doesn't express as much about the way he feels about you. My question is: What do you want? What would make you ok here? SO much contradictory in description of who this person is.

Generally, men are much more reserved about emotion. It sounds like he is quite comfortable with you about that.

Do you just need him to tell you he loves you more?