Thread: Big plan
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Hi Avra,
For me, the idea of "one day at a time" is for situations in my life like dealing with my teenaged sons (lol) or a difficult co-worker...it is most definitely not useful in relation to abstinence. Many, many people say that "never" ends the struggle that often comes with ODAAT. In fact, I've also heard others say they get through ODAAT, but upon further discussion, they'll say something like, "Oh, I'll never go there again."

Obviously "never" creates discomfort for the Beast, which many confuse as discomfort for *them*. To avoid the suffering, they unknowingly placate the Beast with ODAAT. What they fail to see is that, placating simply creates more Beast activity. Anyone who has ever had a child knows that there are wildly different responses between a"no" and a "we'll see". Most parents will give a "we'll see" to avoid the tantrum that comes with "no", but consistency in meaning what you say will lessen the outbursts, in many cases to nothing. A "we'll see" really ramps up a kid's begging lol and so it goes with the Beast as well.