Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
flame11

Hi GerandTwine, yes oxygen, that's exactly what it feels like to my Beast. IT is scared that IT will "die" if IT cant convince me to drink alcohol. And as I understand so far my Beast is a misguided addicted survival drive that will do anything IT can to get me to physically drink alcohol...to survive. Me on the other hand, why would I want to continue drinking and destroying myself ?? I don't. I think I might have something here!! Did I finally just kinda get it?? I need to make the I/ IT seperation. I need to know that any thoughts of future alcohol/drugs use come from my Beast (which wants to survive at my expense!) via my AV. The feelings that are generated by my Beast cause me a little more trouble identifying and separating from that's one reason I'm continuing my therapy. However I think IT causes me to feel mainly negative stuff like anxiety/fear, anger, and the restlessness/ boredom described in the book is very familiar to me too. I hope I'm learning. I've got a couple of days off work so I can spend a bit more time on SR and finish the book. And what then...make a Big Plan...I'm going to say yes I will make one...I'd be stupid not too seeing as I don't want to drink again. IT will be "SCARED" if i make a Big Plan. I will be FREE! Thanks GerandTwine.