View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Midwest1981

welcome missy!

your story is a lot like mine. my husband and I drinked together for years! It can be an awful cycle. I always thought he should quit drinking first since he was the man of the house. I often blamed him for my drinking because he bought and paid for it and never said anything to me about it. We had a lot of awful drunken fights. I spent a lot of my energy trying to get him to quit only to pick it back up myself. It was insanity.

I finally realized I had to quit even if he didn't quit. I am in control of what I put in my body. And I realized it was going to be me to get sober first. I couldn't wait on him.

I also would love to be a mother someday but really I probably have waited to long.....I hope you decide to do it for yourself. It will be hard but it will be worth it. You are worth it. Things will just keep getting worse if you don't quit. Tomorrow I'll be 6 months sober if I told my husband I was going to go get wine right now he still wouldn't say anything to me about it. I guess he figures I am an adult and thats true.