Old 12-02-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
totfit
totfit

I have found to be true that sobriety does absolutely nothing for me............except allow me to change my life for the better. If all I had done was quit drinking, I would still be in the same place as I was when I quit. I would be no better only sober and yes, I may have been worse in a sense, because I would not have the buzz to make me pretend for the short time it worked and did not become a disaster. Usually it worked for 3 hours or so. I think the thing so often overlooked is the simple fact that quitting drinking does not make things better, but it just allows US to make them better. Honestly, during my drinking, I could not have even really imagined the life I have today. Just did not see it coming. It is only because I did not give up, kept putting one foot in front of the other in a positive direction that I arrived where I am. Exercise, healthy eating and achievable goals in that order is what made my life great. I would not change my journey if I could because I am afraid I would not be where I am today. You can effect positive change in your life. I guarantee it. It will not just happen though because you got sober. It is what you do with sobriety that will make things great.