View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

Originally Posted by Lovemyson101 View Post
Hi,
Son got arrested for possession and breaking and entering... he called me from jail demanding money for bail. I told him I will check.... truth is, I don't want him out of there right now. So many people have died of overdoses around here. I know he's safer there... but I am dying inside. I never though I'd see my son in prison.

The lawyer says there's a good chance he'll get diverted to drug court and go to rehab, especially since he's a combat veteran which counts in his favor.

If anyone here has been through this, I'd love to hear from you. Take care everybody.
It may be sad, but true that while in jail, they can at least have their drug supply cut off and stop using. For some people that's the only way they get clean.

As to drug court: He will be brought before a judge and there will likely be a panel of professionals giving input who may be sitting in the jury box: Substance abuse counselor, probation officer,cops, etc.,etc Depending on what they recommend and their input, he will be ordered community supervision or go back to jail.

"Community Supervision" is basically probation. And, let me tell you being on probation is not a cakewalk. Most PO's I know are a very strict, dedicated lot who come down pretty hard on any violation of probation. Random urine drugs screens are quite common. .

The fact that your son is a combat veteran IS in his favor....it shows that he will likely do well with discipline and structure.

Now to my soapbox: There is a serious lack of services out there. And the way our veterans are being treated is also seriously lacking. Many have to wait SO LONG to get the treatment they need. I am thankful to your son for his service. I have a nephew who served twice in Afghanistan and a niece who served once.