View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Yes I think that is true mostly because you are so very aware and willing to look at things from all angles. It might seem like a curse sometimes but there is a lot of strength there because you are so committed to your own self awareness and growth.

Look at all the things you've worked out just in the course of this thread. It's a great example of recovery work in motion.

Wishing you the best.
I'm laughing about how you said it seems like a curse......because that's exactly how it does feel.
I over use my program. I try to examine everything within an inch of it's life for fear that I'll make the same mistakes again even if I trust myself. I know that program works, I know my sponsor well enough to trust her guidance, but we all know that we are to discover our own answers while working a recovery program. Answers won't be handed to us on a silver platter.

And, work, to me, sometimes means pain. It means opening up the protective layers I've placed around my heart and my soul and that is often unpleasant but necessary.