Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 07:48 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Algorithm

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Tammy711 used AVRT here on SR four years ago. She still pops in here about once a year.
What I found striking was the contrast between this post from Tammy in 2012.

And this one from 2016, where she reflects on a handwritten prayer from 2009, three years before quitting, where she was asking G-d to remove her desire for alcohol.

She reflects:

Originally Posted by Tammy711's Prayer
The following is a handwritten prayer that I wrote on an index card. I kept it in my Bible for many years. It is dated July 13, 2009. That is close to 3 years prior to my first day of true sobriety. When I wrote it I was desperate and didn’t know what to do about my excessive drinking. I had tried everything, so I thought.

Dear Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus Christ.

I am in need; dire need. I find myself worried that I can't live without wine. Almost as if my life won't be worth living if I can't drink. I also know that when I drink I drink way too much.

Father, I am asking you to have the Holy Spirit fill me with joy, peace, and most importantly, self-control. I would like for you to take my desire for alcohol away from me. I am so weak.

I don't know your mysterious ways, but I know you could do this for me. Please Father, answer my prayer. - Tammy
Quite a turnaround.