View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TonyKC

Emergency room visit? I've had enough.

I've struggled with my mom's alcoholism for the past 5 years and last Saturday was the final straw: while watching my 5 yo nephew, she fell down the stairs, cracked a rib, collapsed a lung, cut her hand open, and got a black eye. I had to help take her to the emergency room because her husband is also an alcoholic.

Long story short: this isn't the first time my mom has been hammered while watching children. But it's the last, at least with my daughter. My sister is very tolerant of my mom's drinking.

QUESTION: Am I completely off my rocker to just want to eliminate contact between my daughter and my mom until some time in the future? I'm not saying never, I'm just saying I'm not comfortable with it and that I have to look out for what's best for my daughter.

I will get a lot of cr*p from my siblings because they think I am too intolerant. I am the bad guy. Not sure why I am saying it here, I just have to say it because I feel like they don't have my back and it hurts my relationship with them too.