View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lesuisse

Lockdown rehab in the Philippines

I'm staying in the Philippines for a few months for family reasons.
I relapsed about a month ago and my wife brought me to the hospital while I was drunk and sleeping.
When I woke up I realised I was in a detox facility. I wanted to go home but they strapped me on a bed instead.
They took my phone, my money, my clothes, everything. I could not use internet nor contact my family. They did not even tell me how long I would stay there.
To be honest the first week there was the worst I had in my entire life: withdrawals, insomnia, fear, anger, anxiety, claustrophobia, depression. I kept on saying I did not give any consent but nobody would listen to me.
The facility was small, bars everywhere and nothing to see but a small inner courtyard (where it was not allowed to walk). It really felt like jail and I almost went crazy...
Finally I was discharged after two weeks. I'm sober now and don't want to drink. But I have to admit I'm still resentful towards my wife and the detox facility. My autonomy was simply thrown away in the trash and I was treated like a convicted felon for having picked up the drink again. Bad experience.

Le suisse