Old 11-30-2016, 04:33 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
tnek97

Good morning, everyone. Day 30 today.

Back on November 1 when I woke up feeling like crap (again), I didn't envision that I would actually make it this far; not at this time of the year. Thankfully, I made it through those first few days, and came back to SR, picked up The Naked Mind (a book that truly helped change my mindset), and changed some other bad habits...namely, bad eating, and the complete lack of exercise.

Feeling much better today. Thinking of sobriety no longer scares me, or confuses me, or fills me with resent. I have been spending lots of free time reading about sober stories, about athletes who have come back from the brink of self-destruction due to alcohol, and about ultra-running. I used to run marathons before I fell down the rabbit hole of booze. I would always, even in the darkest depths of self-pity, dream about running again one day. These books and stories have helped me to see that my dreams are possible. I should say, being sober is the lens that has allowed me to finally view my dreams as a clear possibility, and not just "fantasy."

At any rate, it's just day 30. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. But it's a nice feeling. I'm also glad to have bit the bullet and joined a monthly class...and actually contribute.

I hope you're all well.