View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Well, that's definitely a giant waving red flag to me Liz. Mostly because it means he's not really hearing YOU when you talk about YOUR needs. Even those of us here at SR that know you as an avatar/username know that this car & this method of acquiring it are the exact opposite of everything you ever said you wanted following your last relationship.

And frankly - you can commit to a car in the year 2018 because it comes with warranties but you move me into your life/house/kid's world & can't EVER utter the words "I love you"?

(I hear what you all are saying about it not always being necessary to have a healthy relationship & while no one requires ongoing expressions of adulation, hearing it at least occasionally is pretty reasonable under these circumstances, no?.... they didn't just start dating 6 months ago...... and I'm not going to feel badly about myself because I DO want to hear it at least occasionally, when it's meant, from the person I'm in a committed relationship with....... )

So committing ME to YOUR car in 2018 is your way of showing that you're committed TO ME & in it for the long haul & that I matter??.... is that the takeaway?

It sounds like on the surface he's got it all together - job, car, house, kids, rebuilding life after divorce. But inside, when push comes to shove - he's still resorting to manipulation & avoidance? Is this pattern of behavior sounding familiar to anyone else?