View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Lots of great advice here already Bulldog, and being an anxiety sufferer myself I can only reiterate that yep, sometimes change just makes things grind to a halt. That doesn't mean you can't get through it and there aren't tools you can use to help - which you are doing by posting and seeing your therapist too. Both of those are things I would have avoided when I was drinking and tried to simply drown out with alcohol.

One of the things I'm still working on in my struggles with anxiety is simply accepting that I'm an anxious person by nature. Just like I'm an alcohlic - it's something woven into the fabric of me that simply cannot be changed at it's core. That's not to say that I cannot find better ways to deal with anxiety and live a more comfortable life, but I do have to accept that some days I'm just going to be more anxious than others. I think when I initially sought help for my anxiety i wanted a "cure" - some kind of magic therapy or pill that would just make me not anxious anymore - and that of course does not exist. So yeah, there's that "acceptance" word again...but it really helps to seek it. I hope your move goes well and you find a really nice new place to call home.