View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
BullDog777

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Really like and agree with what EndGame said. Glad that resonated with you.

I find that I get tired- and sometimes strangely disturbed (I am in AA, so I look for the emotions like disturbance, frustration, anxiety, restlessness, discontent, etc)- when good and bad things happen. Sometimes it takes me by surprise that at 9 months I still find the "yay" stuff (for you, finding a house that is doable and the chance to move) as tiresome as the bad or "ugh" stuff (moving- who doesn't hate it, alcoholic or not?). I have somewhat of a refractory period, as I call it, after a few days of celebration or just consistent goodness. In fact, I am having an I-want-to-be-alone, I'll get back to y'all in a few days kind of deal right now, after a truly blessed Thanksgiving and some great days at work (I'm a server and the money was great and the shifts fun and pretty easy last week).

I stick closer to my program, I talk about it to my sponsor and my boyfriend (also in recovery) and I think about what I want to do (around work, which I have to do) and try to be gentle with my self. It will - it always does- pass.

Hang in there- take the actions you need to in baby steps. Literally, I focus on one thing at a time: today, I need to go to the store and pharm; then I will go to a meeting; then I have the afternoon to catch up on Netflix etx; then I will make a nice dinner for myself, then I will go to bed.

Take care and be patient with yourself. You can get through these decisions and needed actions sober.
great advise August, thanks. your post was very helpful.