View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 09:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
chrcarlson

Went 314 days....

I haven't posted in a while. Kinda miss my old friends on here. I consider many of you friends,

I quit drinking 9 Dec 2015. This site was a great help. Ex called and needed someone who could drive a standard transmission, a trip to Spain. Yep, I can do that. Not her fault I was thinking about testing my drinking anyway. It's outside the USA so drinking wouldn't count. I drank about 6 beers everynight. Not too mcuh for me buut I didn't drink for over 10 months so I got a good buzz. Didn't drink and drive or make a mess of my self. Did get that craving-you know the one. Figured I would'nt drink every night but I did. Drank a little on the fight home but stopped, still have the breathalizer in the car. Got home, got in the truck, blew the breathalizer..not problem. Went a week and visited the exes sister for dinner. Didn't want to drink but she did. Told her no then yes. Honestly I didn't want her sister not to drink wine on my account. It sat infront of me for a while then I drank it. Didn't want or drink more. Two weeks later I was home alone, bored. got a 6 pack and a bottle of wine-drank it all. Nasty hangover-which I didn't like. Did it again two days later. Which brings us to tonight. Yep, I'm drinking. I called the old girlfriend earlier and wanted to see her but she kinda waffled then said come over. Inbetween I thought I'd drink and so declined her updated offer. It seems like a damn mess. It's not bad yet but... Anyway should this be on the Newcomers forum or some other?