View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
gleefan

Gilmer - Getting work done is so satisfying. I'm glad it helped improve your outlook.

Brenda - Congratulations on 100 days sober. That is a great accomplishment.

Cravings are challenging. I have found (for me) that alcoholism truly is "cunning, baffling and powerful" - and will stop at nothing to have me back in its grips. I can't drink. Alcohol was my "solution" for everything, good news, bad news, boredom, excitement and everything in between. It took a while for the cravings to subside.

I still think about drinking from time to time, but for me, I've found so much peace and serenity in sobriety, so much contentment, confidence, and joy, that I don't want to drink.

By keeping my compass pointed toward peace, serenity, joy, happiness and freedom, I've found tremendous personal growth and better solutions than alcohol.

I think forward is the right direction! If you forgive yourself I think you can handle your new client's lonely son differently than your previous client's.

As for my emotional sobriety today ... I made some right decisions by following GD's post early in the thread.