View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
zjw

i never really relapsed myself. I did quit one time for 30 days becuase i wanted to prove that I didt not have a problem. 30 days in i went out to dinner thought i've done so well with this not drinking think i'm gonna have a draft. Ordered 1 beer. thought see no big deal i'll just drink this with dinner like a normie. Then i ordered another one. thought meh whats 2 drinks its a special occasion no big deal i just wont drink again tommorrow. Then I stopped on the way home got a 6 pack thought oh what the heck i'm doing so well might has well have some more tommorrow is a new day I'll stay sober then. Tommorrow came I thought oh who cares I proved i can not drink and do just fine so i got a 6 pack becuase i was just going to have 1 or 2 and drink like a normal person anyhow. within a few days after my BS of how i fooled myself thinking i was a normie drinker i was back to buying a 12 pack a day etc.. and the idea of not drinking was a distant memory. OH and I still didnt feel I had a drinking problem either :;facepalm:: fast forward I dunno at least a decade of massive drinking and problems I was forced to quit becusae of the chronic panic attacks etc.. even after a YEAR sober I still felt i didnt have a drinking pronblem. I finally realized I had a drinking problem when i strolled into AA and met people just like me.