View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

but he just can't say the words. I mean, come on, what man can't say I love you to his woman after over a year and a half together?

to his defense, some guys just don't run around saying I Love You every five minutes. i know this cuz ME Miss Touchy Feely got herself one of those. hank is NOT demonstrative, not into PDAs, no flowers, no cards - EVER. and i had to decide whether i was going to be ok with that. if that would be "enough" for me.

actually the only time i really ever hear I Love You is when i'm leaving on a trip, or ON a trip - as in not in the same state. maybe because that is truly the only way he can convey his feelings, but i get about a year's worth in a 3 day trip.

i know you have been "at odds" with this relationship for awhile. it is also your first relationship post-divorce, and while your bf is NOTHING like your ex, which is a good thing, the whole dynamic is different........calmer, nicer, maybe a dash of vanilla.

it is absolutely perfectly 1000% ok for you to say I Want More. and it's ok for this perfectly nice man to not BE that More. for this to not be ENOUGH.