Old 11-27-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I'm glad you called the police and got this all on the record. That is potentially child abuse, depending on the law in your state--this is way more than bad parenting. For a father to use that language directly to his daughter is shocking to anyone.
Thankfully he was drunk enough or just plain insane enough to say it all on record and text a lot of it-- lots and lots of proof

Remember the fuss when Alec Baldwin called his daughter a "pig"? This is that times 10.

I actually referenced that to the cop (who was stunningly nice and super sympathetic and wished he could do more and actually took xAH's number and tried to call him from his phone but in front of me and said maybe giving him a jolt would get him to stop...) And he said that if I were a celebrity, my concerns would probably merit a LOT more attention than they do as a mere citizen and I totally agreed... He pointed to the Brad Pitt nonsense going on and said that what he read that XAH said to DD11 was way worse than what the tabloids were reporting about the Brangelina nonsense and that he felt for me and he wished he could find a way to say that the texts were criminal but he did not see it....

I don't know how successful you'd be at getting a protective order for them. In most places, children can only be covered under an order that the parent has. Find out before you pursue one--no point in letting him feel an unwarranted sense of victory.
Totally true-- that's the last thing I want...

I think even a "father's rights" judge might have something to say about this. At 11, the judge might weigh her wishes heavily under the circumstances and allow her to forego visits for as long as she is uncomfortable.
Yeah, I think we are at Guardian Ad Lidem time and that DD11's wishes need to count...

I'm so sorry for you and the kiddos.
Thank you... me too-- my heart hurts so much for them...