View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Centered3

I was just talking with an AA friend about this the other night, because I have friends who behave this way with me, despite seeing AA apps and stuff on my cell phone. She said usually those people have a problem with alcohol themselves, and so they can't deal with you not drinking. They'd rather focus on the fact that you're not drinking, than on the fact that they're drinking too much.

I've written off a friend I had for 20 years because she just didn't get it. She was only one of two friends I told about my alcoholism. She only cared about herself and what she wanted to do. She did not respect my requests to not have to drink whenever we were together. It was early on in my sobriety and so it was difficult for me at the time to even socialize with someone who was drinking. I relapsed with her and she couldn't care less. I think she's very judgemental of alcoholics due to ignorance, and a fiction book she read that makes alcoholics look really bad, and that's just not someone I want in my life now.