Old 11-27-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Hi slickrick,

I don't like to point to any feelings/emotions or circumstances as reasons for drinking. The reason being, I will always experience uncomfortable feelings throughout life...that's life. If I make those things reasons for drinking, then the ready excuse is always there to drink. When I set things as causation for drinking, then my brain has set up a pretty handy loop for drinking. When I separate it out, then I can say, "Man, I feel bored or lonely and it sucks and is sh*tty, but what's that got to do with drinking?" The answer is, it's really got nothing to do with drinking. The two aren't mutually inclusive. If they were, then children who are bored in the summertime would all be boozing it up.

It's hard for me to recommend things for the boredom, because I don't know your interests. But the world is cram-packed with things to do. Ask your 40ish coworkers what they did around town before they got old lol or ask if they have younger family/friends who could show you around town. Is there anyone in the chess club that may want to hang out outside of the chess nights? Any acquaintances from the gym you could get to know better?