View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 08:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Hi Dream,

Welcome to SR. I think most of us found this website because we were questioning our relationship with alcohol, and how it was affecting our lives. I am a few days short of 11 months sober, after spending a few years alternating between brief periods of sobriety, and failed attempts at moderation. Truthfully though, my relationship with alcohol has been a problem since I first started drinking in my early teens.

I have always struggled with anxiety, and used to think alsohol helped me to relax in the eveneinfs, truthfully though, it just made my anxiety worse the next day, or more often when I would awake at 3am unable to fall back to sleep.

I think you are smart to talk to a doctor about your anxiety, as well as any symptoms you may be experiencing as part of your withdrawal.

Spend some time reading and posting here. Two great thread are the monthly classes, you should pop into the November class, and may want to also pop into the December class once it starts. Another great support is the 24 hour thread, it is a good place to check in with everyone daily.

Looking forward to seeing you on here.

❤️ Delilah