View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
I want you to know that, even though I've been able to heal quite a bit in a very short amount of time in sobriety, I still have a lot of insecurities.. Today my mom wanted to borrow my car and I stood there trying to figure out if there were any empty containers on the passenger side floor or anywhere in the car. It's been three months since I purchased anything. I still have my triggers. To say I "still" anything at this point is kind of strange because I'm so brand new in recovery.
BC- about finding detritus from our drinking....I do not worry about finding bottles though I won't be surprised if I do when I finally move!! I was surprised though, when I recently found one of my Grandmother's crystal glasses with red wine dregs in it. I vaguely remember resorting to use of those by all my regular glasses were dirty (or broken)....I thought about cleaning it then decided instead to leave it as a reminder of what I will never do again, to find whenever I do move. At this point- 9 months- that feels safe and right to me- its memory is of the crazy wrong things I used to do to valuable things (not the least of which was me!).