View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 09:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
augustine1

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Aug- I empathise. Been there- lots on line here about me. Have you thought of going to a doctor? The feeling alcohol gives is a lie- because alcohol is a nervous system depressant. So do not drink. Perhaps you need to do detox? Can you get to an AA meeting? Remember HALTS- hungry, angry, lonely, tired, sad. If you are hungry- eat and so on. Drink lots of water. Keep posting here. I read this, others will too. A problem shared is a problem halved. Try not to isolate. Avoid unsafe places and keep safe. Is there someone with you- or someone you can call? Keep posting and read stuff here. There are lots of threads with many stories from real people who have been exactly where you are now. Do not give into despair- you are not alone. PJ
Thank you so much, PJ. I have not heard of HALTS, but how helpful!! Thank you, I will write it down and remember. Also, I love the idea of a problem shared that is a problem halfed. thank you. I am going to read through here. It even did make me feel better once I got it off my chest. Now, it's the night but as soon as it is the morning I will go to a meeting. I know I drank to avoid reality and so reality is painful and I'm having trouble with reality. My reality in particular. I woke up and remembered/realized I have a father with illness and all this other stuff. It all hit me so hard. Thank you, PJ. Your post really helped me.