View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
BrendaChenowyth

This week in emotional maturity. Or, what I have to be thankful for.

- I just looked at a thread title and a response popped in to my head, and then I thought "I'm not even gonna go there, it'll trigger me" laughed and moved on.

- I never laughed so much with my family as I did yesterday in the kitchen doing Thanksgiving prep. Because in sobriety I am relaxed and joyful and unselfconscious and loving.

- It's completely alright to withhold what you're thinking if it will cause harm. And I'm getting better at just instinctively knowing when my thoughts could be a trigger to others. I am now thoughtful in the language that I choose. I swear less. I don't think there's anything wrong with those words, but they do bring the vibrational frequency down ever so slightly. I think.

- The best way to get closure is to help someone else and find the lessons for yourself. I can look back on the past year and take that fearless moral inventory, as it were, and see what I could have done differently, and from a place of love for myself, make a choice not to make those mistakes again. I forgive myself, because I was ignorant of the true impact of my actions. Now that I understand exactly what happened, and now that I know I can change, I don't have to live in fear of repeating toxic relationship patterns! I can also use what I learned to better someone else's life or keep someone else from falling in to the same trap.