Thread: Grateful
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tnman1967

Grateful

Woke up real early, felt rested and had coffee at 7 am on this Thanksgiving day here in the states. In my drinking days I would have woke up with a headache and nausea with extreme anxiety. I would stumble around and try to find my wallet to see if there's any money left. I would regret what I potentially did or said the day before. I would pray that I didn't drive drunk or cause any other disturbance.

But this is not me anymore, thank God. After my coffee today I decided to get some stuff done even though it's a holiday. I managed to clean out the basement and fix two home repairs that I've been wanting to do. I ended this evening with purchasing a new wrist watch for myself online at a really good price with free shipping and 20 percent off. It's the little things in life that matters anymore. I could have bought two watches if not more and still would have spent less money than a night out drinking. I am so grateful that the slavery to the bottle is over. If you are struggling today or thinking about quitting. Don't give up, make that mental inventory today and commit to a new you. Feel pity for the people who has to drink at every occasion. Celebrate a clear mind and there's no end to what you can do. If this sounds too much over the top for you. Remember that I have my struggles still, but at the end of the day. I ask myself, do you want to go back to that misery and hell. I say no way! Happy Thanksgiving.