Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
flame11

Hi Tatsy and thanks for your reply. Yeah I had alot of those kind of thoughts over the weekend and they were accompanied by a strong physical element...like every single cell in my body wanted alcohol. I did manage to disassociate from the thoughts pretty much and I knew that the feeling would eventually go too. I also imagined myself drunk and it wasn't nice to look at. This happened after I made my BP and it literally lasted 2 days and was full on. I got through it though and that's a great feeling. I suppose what I'm describing would be known as a beast attack?? It certainly felt like it. Yes I like to read on the newcomer
forum too and yes the more active I am on SR the less AV activity. I'm looking forward to learning about AVRT can't wait to get the book. I read something yesterday on here saying that the beast was not irrational that it's desire to survive is actually quite rational. I kinda like that idea anyway I'm wittering. Thanks for your support Tatsy and for the birthday wishes. I won't be drinking to celebrate because I don't drink. I'm going for breakfast with the family and I'm planning to run in the afternoon, my first run in awhile should be good.