Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 07:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Fusion

Hello, Flame, just a quick reply before I must log off! So glad you posted. Just want to say, yes, my AV interacted, fed off other addicts, for sure. Since stopping drinking, after thoroughly learning AVRT, the AV has lessened considerably...

But, I've noticed when I've recently visited restaurants for a meal, it rears its ugly head and is SO loud! Look, IT says, all these people having a nice relaxing drink....you can too....just a couple, you're OK now. As if?

Plus, I'm still reading this SR site, which I credit with saving my life (I was pretty late stage alcohol addict) and recently I've read the November and other Newcomers threads and, compared to when I don't read, the AV goes into overdrive. When someone relapses, the AV says I can have a few days drinking (just like them) and then clamber back on the alcohol free wagon. As if! I'd probably lose my life if I drank again.

Please keep posting, I'm so glad you're here. If I'm not on SR tomorrow, may I wish you an early Happy Birthday!

You can do this Flame, you have the power! If I can, anyone can, I'd given up all hope, then registered with SR earlier this year...and after discovering and learning AVRT I stopped drinking, for good.