Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 01:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fusion

Welcome Flame! When I wrote my first post in Secular Connections (questioning whether the RR book was required/would the RR site material suffice) little did I know that I was on the brink of quitting drinking, after a twenty year daily addiction. I'd tried every other method, none of which worked, on me.

I thoroughly digested the RR AVRT material, to include the invaluable information, explanations and guidance set out by SR members in Secular Connections and the main AVRT multi-part thread.

I made my Big Plan and truly, I'm liberated from addiction. The Beast seizes upon high points/low points in daily life, 'why don't you have a drink to celebrate/commiserate' IT says. I instantly use AVRT and dismiss the thought or feeling which the Beast is using to communicate IT'S desire to me. I am in control, not my Beast (mis-directed drive) which used to resemble a monstrous tyrant, but is now puny and pathetic looking in my minds eye.

My only regret, is that I didn't apply AVRT when I first encountered it years ago. My Beast used to enjoy all those years I spent researching and applying different recovery methods and treatments, whilst my life ticked away.

Little did I realise that I already possessed the power to stop drinking.

I experience a thrill when I read posts like yours, hoping that the poster will proceed to learn AVRT and experience the liberation I have.