Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
flame11

New to AVRT

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself as I've been reading around this forum for a few weeks now and thought I'd better say hello. Ive been sober since 27th october. I've been failing at permanent sobriety for sometime now about the past 5 years. I had 3 years sober from alcohol before this but cross addicted to smoking copious amounts of weed, which sent me pretty crazy and I don't do it anymore. I can get a few weeks sober I even had 8 months last year but I always convince myself at some point that drinking would be a good idea..the same old story! I joined SR about a month ago and I'm so pleased that I did I got alot of support from my first post on the new comers forum for which i am very very grateful. Also because I've been introduced to the concept of AVRT. Over the past couple of weeks I have been putting the things I'm learning into practice and it's working I have got through some very uncomfortable desires to drink using what I know of this technique. I'm gaining insights that I've never had before . I went through the crash course at RR and I made my Big Plan. I have ordered the new cure book which will arrive in a few days. I like the fact that AVRT appears to be pretty black and white in its approach to addiction, my beast and my AV need this kind of approach! I'm also practicing mindfulness and taking regular exercise, eating healthy and generally looking after myself. I was or should I say IT was a little concerned about posting this because somehow it makes my commitment more REAL although im pleased that i have. I'm pretty sure that I'll have some questions and stuff to ask you all in the near future but for now I just wanted to let you know where I'm at and to say thank you to everyone who posts here you have all been so helpful to me. I really feel positive that I can get on with living my life free from alcohol without the constant internal struggle with what I can now recognise as my AV. Thanks guys just one more thing if it sounds like my AV is talking in this post please let me know I won't be offended!