Old 11-21-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

OT ish... Tween behavior and comparing me to xAH

God help me (seriously) with this one...

My usually sweet and responsible 11 yr old, has been bit hard by the hormonal bug and is a nightmare of late... Literally unrecognizable at times and I am at my WITS end.

Asking her if she has homework, how her day was, or to put her coat away (as opposed to throwing it on whatever surface she finds) is all it takes to open the floodgates for tears, muttering, yelling, insults, eye rolling etc...

Tonight, one of her sassy responses (while overtired, over hungry, and generally behaving unreasonably) was to tell me "Daddy is right, you are a bitch".

And as soon as she said it she started to cry and said sorry and said she did not know why she said it and ran upstairs.

Can someone with kids older than this tell me if this Jekyll/Hyde nonsense ends at some point?

I can not even formulate sentences to describe what I am thinking/feeling bc I am so fed up with this rollercoaster...

I guess Im seeking some solace in hearing that others have been through the wringer with hormone crazed kids and survived it....