View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
BrendaChenowyth

It sucks to be around someone whose mood is stabilized by medication. I'm sorry to say. But I know my mother thinks my up and down moods are considered mood swings and not a good sign - I was very distracted and sad at times, and then other times made myself be upbeat and crack jokes. Look, people are allowed to have moods and feel things. When you're down in a funk, you can either just stay there or do what you can to fight it, but that will mean oscillating between emotions, it won't be an instant shift. I am learning that my emotions may hurt me but they won't kill me and they don't have to hurt others. It's not my problem if my sad face makes another person uncomfortable, if I'm not lashing out at them or crying to them. And they're not asking, they are just annoyed that I'm ruining their day. But regardless! I need to sit with things sometimes and work them out. I won't always instantly know what is the magical fix that will put me in a better mood and have me stay there. But I won't forget that I'm the one that has the power to get there. Not with a substance or a drug!