View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
I've never had blood sugar issues, but I have lost quite a bit of weight since late February, when my previous sober streak started. Has greatly improved my health in many ways. I was going low carb for awhile, under 50 carbs a day, but my body didn't seem to like it. Couldn't sleep, feeling rundown all the time etc. I seem to do a lot better keeping carbs between 100-120 a day, still relatively low compared to the normal American diet. My Fitness Pal has helped me out a lot on all that food and nutrition stuff, tracking calories, macros and whatnot. I'm 60 pounds down total, got my blood pressure normal, feel a lot better.
I think everybody's different when it comes to how many carbs is right. Like you, if I lower my carbs too much, I get that rundown feeling. I also do a lot of cardio at the gym, so maintaining a decent level of carbs is important. I guess it comes down to lifestyle. Probably not a good idea to load up on carbs if your not very active. Sounds like your doing pretty good though. John