View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 10:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

What's your progression today?

Most of us are astutely aware of the progressive debilitating nature of continuing to drink. It get's worse, never better for friends like us. Certainly my misery, self loathing and destructive path progressed rapidly the last few years of my career.

I think it's worthwhile to point out to newcomers that recovery is also progressive. If I view drinking as a swing of the pendulum in one direction, recovery is a swing in the other direction.

However, getting better doesn't happen all at once. For me and I hear from others recovery is like an upward trending line with upward/downward zig zags along the path. It dawned on me that this positive trend is linked to the progression of my reality. As time passes, I find a clearer more acute reality. That may be good, bad or both at times - but more finely tuned. I suppose not fuzzy eyed, misty viewing. When I can start to see clearly, I am capable of making choices with positive outcomes - I live life less like the game of whack-a-mole; more deliberately/more engaged.

For the newly sober, stick with it! Given choices of progressing into an alcoholic, downward spiral or progressing in reality, hope and potentially a lot less misery it's really pretty simple.

What's your progression today!?!