View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
BrendaChenowyth

What I'm hearing (and I could be totally off base and that will happen sometimes) is that you are seeing what people call "diminishing returns".. you're not getting any reward for your efforts and your meeting attendance, you're not feeling the elation and the personal growth that others get with their early sobriety.

I am 90 days sober yesterday and I am a totally different person than I was before I stopped drinking. My life isn't perfect but it's lightyears better than it was. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. And I'm not struggling with urges to drink.

I do think perhaps questioning "What's the point?" at this juncture or at any point during sobriety, is a bad sign.. I think it might be a sign that the addictive side of your mind is fighting for more power, it wants you to be able to justify return to drinking. Because it's saying "Do you really need this? Or would drinking now simply be just an irresponsible thing? Everyone is a little irresponsible sometimes."

Don't go there. Figure out what you need to bolster your sobriety.. and it might mean stopping the tiresome routine of attending AA meetings every night for a year and a half.

It might. I don't know that. I'm just basing my ideas on what you've said. You don't sound in love with sobriety. I am in love with my sobriety and that is why I don't want to drink and I never have to question why I'm doing this.