View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
BrendaChenowyth

The executive vice president of the company is now investigating the situation, not just the staffing manager at the branch of the agency I work for.. Trying to find out why I was never told about the danger potential.. It's become clear that people knew and did not report these things and the company is upset.

He and I never had an affair, there was a flirtation in the beginning that fizzled out.. I never knew what a big deal it was, I had suspicions but thought it was in my head.. No, it wasn't. I went to work every day with a woman across the street that had mental health issues and substance abuse issues who thought I was screwing her husband of 29 years.. And people knew and never said anything... I trusted these people like family and they were good to me, nice to my face.. and all this...

And I blame myself but I can't.. and if this had happened earlier I would have relapsed, but here at 90 days I am strong. I will not hurt myself just because other people have hurt me. I can handle it now.. I just need to look for the lessons.. I know now to be more professional, to set clear boundaries, and to speak up when I feel like I need to speak up.. I will walk away from situations that have too much drama in them before it gets too far gone... I will walk away at the first sign of substance abuse and crazy-making behavior. I will not become untrusting and refuse to let anyone it, but I also will not allow the wrong kinds of people to get too close.. for their sake and for mine..