View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth
But I'm sort of blaming me.
Well, I tried to commit suicide, so from someone who has been there...the point you need to be at to take the actual action of trying to kill yourself is not usually due to one factor, but rather a culmination of many many moments of despair and the inability to cope in any way. I cannot speak for everyone who has tried to die at their own hand, but I do know that for me and many others, an actual psychotic break occurred. That's how one is able to get that action because reality is out the window.

While an alleged incident involving you could have possibly have been the proverbial straw the broke the camel's back, you are not responsible for the action she took. If that had never happened with you crushing on her husband, the next overwhelming event would have been the one that pushed her over. I hope I'm making sense here.

Let go of the ways you acted that you wish you hadn't, and move forward. In the words of one of the most beautiful women who ever lived, 'I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.' --Maya Angelou