View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

I feel confident seeing a counselor for whatever ails you will be a big help. My husband finally went to counseling for his anxiety over the summer after years of me asking him to go. He is not shy or a wallflower; not even close, but he has had a lot of anxiety for a very long time. He's always been high-strung and on edge. He won't take meds for it because he is worried about addiction. Glad to say the counseling really helped and I've noticed a big difference. It doesn't get better overnight and you may find yourself only being able to address one or two aspects of the anxiety at a time. But the most lasting changes are going to be the ones that take effort and time and patience. We certainly change a life time things quickly. I am not anxious or shy per se, but in many social situations, I would rather sit and have interesting conversations with people that be the social butterfly. It takes all kinds, so try not to get down on yourself for being a 'wallflower'. There's nothing wrong with being a wallflower in my opinion, unless I suppose if it is giving you too much personal grief. Stick around, this is a good place.