Old 11-14-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
beachedMermaid

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
because surely something must be wrong no way your allowed to be happy and content?

I know for me it was like i was always worried about my health just becuase of the sins of my past no other good reason i mean odd ball symptoms but nothing concrete.

I think for me i had lived a life where something bad was always happening that i didnt know how to deal with myself if things where tame / ok for a while.

staying more present more in the moment helps. am i sick this minute? no? ok move on nothing to see here. etc..
Thank you, zjw, that was beautifully put. This is the first time in my life--even before my year of over-drinking in 2015--that I have a) not worked in a hellishly abusive work environment, and b) made enough money to support myself and my husband without constantly pinching pennies. Dare I say we are actually thriving and having fun (aside from the health anxiety)? I try to remind myself of this often. Maybe I should start an exercise where whenever I start trying to convince myself that heartburn=liver cirrhosis I should stop and write down a list of everything that is going right.