View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Vivien

Withdrawing. Allergic reaction?

I've always been a drinker. Usually just 2-3 times a month max. About four months ago I quit smoking pot, I was a daily user. I then slowly started drinking more to the point where I now drink roughly 20 ounces of vodka most days. I typically drink 5 times a week.

I managed to quit drinking for a week about three weeks ago. I had some weird withdrawal symptoms. I have a history of allergic reactions and uriticaria and day two of No Alcohol, I ended up being CRAZY itchy on certain parts of my body. I took some allergy meds but it was so bad I couldn't sleep. This happened a previous time that I had tried to quit alcohol so I'm assuming it's not just a fluke and is connected to the withdrawal.

Besides moodiness and tiredness I didn't really have any other symptoms.

I've had anaphylaxis before and I now have anxiety about withdrawing from alcohol.

I'm such a weak idiot. I should never have started drinking again after the last time. I convinced myself I could "drink casually, once a week or less." Yeah right, took me less than two weeks to be RIGHT back where I started.

I haven't been abusing alcohol for more than 3-4 months. And not ever day. I think I shouldn't bother tapering off, but I'm not sure. I'm afraid of the DTs but I feel like that's only for long, long, long term alcoholics?