Old 11-13-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Miramira

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
Hi all.
I would like to join class. I just can't crack giving up for more than a day.
I am drinking a bottle of vodka a day!
Previously I have been to AA, great people but not for me. I have also attended a drug and alcohol clinic and am now seeing a counselor.
I was feeling so positive that I wouldn't drink this weekend made a plan of things to do but failed and did nothing.
I interested in AVRT but my AV is playing havoc plus loneliness and lack of support.
I am doing the AVRT and I find it very empowering. I've tried a myriad of things also and although I'm not having a barrel of laughs it seems to be working. Drinking is just not an option full stop, no matter what. Day 2 has been the only time I really contemplated it and being on here was what helped me then. Now on day 6. Not drinking doesn't make everything all peaches and cream all of a sudden but I know it's the right thing. All of us on here know that it's the right thing for us but the beasts within us will find ways of convincing us otherwise anyway they can unless we recognise it when it comes and stand ip in the face of it and show it who's boss!! You can do it! The time is NOW!